The Best Stuff on dbader.org: Articles, Videos, and More!
I’m super passionate about teaching with articles and tutorials on my website. I cover a number of topics around Python and software development in general.
Here’s some of my best content you may want to check out:
- ⭐ Setting up Sublime Text for Python development
- ⭐ The ultimate list of Python Podcasts
- ⭐ A Python Riddle: The Craziest Dict Expression in the West
- ⭐ How code linting will make you awesome at Python
- ⭐ Abstract Base Classes in Python
- ⭐ Sublime Text for Python development — My 2016 review
- ⭐ How to use Python’s min() and max() with nested lists
- ⭐ How to write a great README for your GitHub project
- 📺 Python Code Review: Unplugged – Episode 1: Code Review for Labeeb
- 📺 My Python Code Looks Ugly and Confusing – Help!
- 📺 Intro to Type-Checking Python Programs with mypy
- 📺 Do I Need a GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket Profile as a Developer?
- 🐍 Abstract Base Classes in Python
- 🐍 A Python Riddle: The Craziest Dict Expression in the West
- 🐍 How to use Python’s min() and max() with nested lists
- 🐍 6 things you’re missing out on by never using classes in Python
- 🐍 Using get() to return a default value from a Python dict
- 🐍 Functional linked lists in Python
- 🐍 A Python refactoring gone wrong
Python Development Setup
- 🔧 How code linting will make you awesome at Python
- 🔧 Sublime Text for Python development — My 2016 review
- 🔧 Setting up Sublime Text for Python development
- 🔧 Remote work productivity tools for software development
- 🔧 Remote work tip: Keeping your team in the loop with screencasts
- 🔧 Sublime Text plugin review: GitGutter
- 🔧 Sublime Python Course
Misc + Open-source
- 🎁 How to generate and host your API docs for free
- 🎁 Schedule – Python job scheduling for humans
- 🎁 Debugging memory usage in a live Python web app
- 🎁 How to write a great README for your GitHub project
- 🎁 Monochrome font rendering with FreeType and Python
- 🎓 Why Learn Python? Here Are 8 Data-Driven Reasons
- 🎓 3 Reasons why you need a programming blog
- 🎓 My favourite books about programming
- 🎓 How to become a better software developer
- 🎓 What books should I read to move past the beginner stage in Python?
- 🎓 Keep journals to become a better developer
- 🎓 How to speak at a Python conference
- 💡 Watch me do a “live” Python code review for a reader
- 💡 Should you worry about code reviewing someone more experienced?
- 💡 7 ways to avoid aggravation in code reviews
- 💡 Should you call out code style issues in a code review?
- 📰 Interfacing Python and C: The CFFI Module
- 📰 Write More Pythonic Code by Applying the Things You Already Know
- 📰 Working With File I/O in Python
- 📰 How to Reverse a String in Python
- 📰 Mastering Click: Writing Advanced Python Command-Line Apps
Improve Your Python with a fresh 🐍 Python Trick 💌 every couple of days
🔒 No spam ever. Unsubscribe any time.